Preparing for the arrival of a new baby brings much excitement, but also plenty of stress. The calming effect of massage can help reduce stress levels and alleviate aches and pain associated with pregnancy.
Massage is perfectly safe in pregnancy. I will go through a comprehensive consultation with you but if you are in any doubt about your condition please consult your doctor.
What are the Benefits of Massage in Pregnancy?
- Stimulates circulation - this will distribute essential nutrients to all the vital organs, especially the placenta, which will feed and aid the baby's development.
- Improved circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Improve the digestive order.
- Eases muscular tension of the upper back, shoulders, lower back and hips.
- Can reduce swollen ankles
- Induces deep relaxation and deep breathing that will help the respiratory system and aid breathing during pregnancy and birth.
- Helps to reduce emotional stress, anxiety and creates a sense of wellbeing.
- Helps to keep blood pressure balanced.
- Massage encourages the release of oxytocin, a pain reducing hormone providing vital relief during labour and birth.
Receiving regular massage can make a mother more aware of her own body and will enhance her relationship with her body, her upborn child and her partner.
Give her a Gift Voucher